First National Bank offers flexible CD terms to best fit your needs. CDs are available to all customers and offer security with FDIC insurance.
- Terms range from 91 days to 36 months
- Minimum to open is $500.00
- Penalty for early withdrawal of certificate
- Interest can be added to the CD or deposited to your account at First National Bank
First National Bank offers a 36 month variable CD where you can change the rate 1 time during those 36 months if interest rates rise.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
IRAs are a surefire way to save for your "Golden Years". The earlier you open this type of account, the more financial stability you will have later. We offer Traditional and Roth IRAs in a FDIC insured savings account. We also offer IRAs through our investment center.
A Traditional IRA is a tax deferred account. Contributions may be tax deductible (subject to eligibility). Funds in the account will grow tax deferred. Funds will not be taxed until they are withdrawn.
- Initial contribution must be made prior to turning age 70 1/2
- Must have earned income
The Roth IRA is an attractive alternative to the traditional IRA because it may allow you to avoid future taxation of your retirement funds by making non-deductible contributions now. Earnings are federal tax and in most cases, state tax free if withdrawn at or after the age of 59 1/2 and your Roth IRA account has been open for 5 years or more.
*Please contact your tax preparer or legal advisor regarding specific information pertaining to your specific situation and needs.
For more information, call Carol at (507) 375-3376
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A Health Savings Account is a tax-favored savings account that is exclusively for the purpose of paying for or reimbursing qualified medical expenses.
- Must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP) with an annual deductible no less than $1200 for self coverage and $2400 for family coverage
- Cannot be covered by any other health plan that is not a HDHP
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual’s tax return